The rationale for this joint honours degree programme in the heart of London is that key elements of the War Studies curriculum can be augmented and reinforced by studying history as war touches every aspect of human existence.
Year 1 examples of modules: The causes of war; the conduct of war; the experience of war; the making of Britain 400'1400; medieval Europe 400'1500. Year 2 examples of modules: Aspects of naval history; world war II in Europe; British economic history from the 18th to the early 20th century; church, state and nation in Britain, 1750'1939. Year 3 examples of modules: Philosophies of war; fighting in the air; warfare in the ancient world; war and international relations.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BA (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- GCE A-level AAA
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- SQA Higher
- International Baccalaureate 35
- SQA Advanced Higher AA
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 73%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 96%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 92%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 50%
Total Coursework: 48%
Total Practical: 2%