Mathematics and physics are closely interlinked subjects, with each providing many fascinating insights into the other. Students on this programme receive a thorough mathematical training and may also take courses in physics and astronomy elsewhere in UCL and the University of London.
In the 1st 1 and 1/2 years, the degree programme is the same as those for the single'subject degrees in mathematics; quantum mechanics can be taken in place of algebra 3. In the 2nd half of the 2nd year and 3rd and 4th years, programme follows the applied mathematics options, supplemented by physics courses given in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£18,830 Academic year. First year overseas fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- SQA Advanced Higher A1A1A-A1AA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAAAAA
- GCE A-level A*AA-A*A*A
- European Baccalaureate 90%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 95%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 87%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 93%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 91%
Total Coursework: 9%