A unique opportunity to study a degree exploring aspects of the ancient, medieval and modern worlds. Study modern Greek plus either classical Greek or Latin languages. The course is based in central London.
Year 1 examples: Introduction to ancient poetry; persuasion and rhetoric in Greece and Rome; ancient monarchy from Persia to Rome; democracy and oligarchy in the classical world; living and dying in the ancient world; late antiquity to Byzantium. Year 2 examples: Describing Constantinople; Greek drama/Roman drama; narrative literature in antiquity; performance literature in antiquity; presocratics, hippocratics and sophists; the ancient and medieval book; the Byzantine saint; the classical tradition. Year 3 examples: Year abroad. Year 4 examples: Dissertation; optional modules.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BA (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- GCE A-level AAB
- SQA Higher AAAAB
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- International Baccalaureate 35
- SQA Advanced Higher AB
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 82%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 91%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 74%
|Studying and working||3|
Total Written: 53%
Total Coursework: 27%
Total Practical: 20%