This programme aims to provide a historically'based overview of the literature of all periods, together with opportunities to specialise in particular periods of literature, in modern English language, and in non'period courses. Students are encouraged to develop their own interests and may choose from a wide variety of specialisms.
Year 1 examples: Narrative texts and intellectual and cultural sources; introduction to medieval language and literature; approaches to criticism. Year 2 examples: London in literature; middle English literature; the modern period; literary linguistics. Year 3 examples: Shakespeare; course assessment.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BA (Hons)||£16,130 Academic year. First year overseas fees|
|BA (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAAAA
- GCE A-level AAA
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- International Baccalaureate 38
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 96%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 94%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 96%
|Studying and working||10|
Total Written: 92%
Total Coursework: 8%