This BSc programme provides a thorough grounding in all major aspects of chemistry and fluency in one of a range of languages, including French, German, Italian and Spanish. Graduates will be well placed to work in mainland Europe or as part of a multinational company.
Year 1 examples: Introduction to chemical principles; basic inorganic chemistry; basic organic chemistry; basic physical chemistry. Year 2 examples: Principles of inorganic chemistry; principles of organic chemistry; principles of physical chemistry. Year 3 examples: Advanced practical chemistry; advanced topics in inorganic chemistry; principles and methods of organic synthesis; advanced topics in physical chemistry.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAB-AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB-AAAAA
- GCE A-level AAB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 77%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- International Baccalaureate
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 72%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 87%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 93%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 62%
Total Coursework: 28%
Total Practical: 9%