This BSc(Hons) route leads to incorporated engineer status with the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers. It enables you to progress to become an incorporated civil or structural engineer dealing with the practical aspects of translating a design into reality through drawings, schedules, materials selection and control of the work on site.
Year 1: Introduction to fundamental engineering concepts; structures; professional practice and computing. Year 2: Materials; structures; surveying; soils and rock. Year 3: Hydraulics; geotechnical design; water; the environment; building and transportation.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
- Tariff 96-96
- International Baccalaureate 24
- Tariff (Scottish qualifications) 96
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Certificate (12 units) DD
- BTEC National Diploma MMM
- BTEC National Award
- GCE A-level
- SQA Advanced Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
- OCR National Certificate (6 Units)
- OCR National Diploma (12 Units)
- OCR National Extended Diploma (18 Units)
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 77%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 86%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 94%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 33%
Total Coursework: 67%