Our Department of Philosophy in the heart of London has particular strengths in philosophy of mind, philosophy of science and ancient philosophy. Our degree offers an extremely wide range of modules, including Indian Philosophy and Philosophy of Psychology, available at few other UK universities.
Year 1 examples of modules: Greek philosophy I; Ethics I; elementary logic; metaphysics I; modern philosophy I; political philosophy I; epistemology I; methodology. Year 2 examples of modules: Greek philosophy II (Plato); Greek philosophy II (Aristotle); modern philosophy II (Locke and Berkeley); modern philosophy II (Spinoza and Leibniz). Year 3 examples of modules: Indian philosophy; Kant; meaning and grammar; medieval philosophy; moral normativity; neoplatonism.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BA (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- GCE A-level AAA
- SQA Higher AAAAB
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- International Baccalaureate 35
- GCE AS-level
- SQA Advanced Higher AA
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 78%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 84%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 74%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 52%
Total Coursework: 48%