A joint honours mathematics and physics degree in central London, with approximately equal weighting given to both subjects. The course provides a foundation in many branches of mathematics and offers a broad knowledge of all of the fundamental elements of physics.
Year 1 examples: Calculus II; linear methods; numbers and functions or probability and statistics; 1st year laboratory physics; thermal physics. Year 2 examples: Intermediate dynamics; introduction to abstract algebra; analysis I or applied analytic methods; 2nd year laboratory physics; modern physics; electromagnetism. Year 3 examples: Logic; topics in applied probability; representation theory of finite groups; elementary number theory; rings and modules; discrete mathematics; projects; theoretical particle physics; optics.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- GCE A-level AAA
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- International Baccalaureate 35
- SQA Advanced Higher AA
- SQA Higher
- GCE AS-level
- Course specific
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 66%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 97%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 95%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 91%
Total Coursework: 7%
Total Practical: 1%