Slovak is a Western Slavonic language, largely mutually comprehensible with Czech, spoken by approximately five million people. This programme offers the opportunity to gain excellent language skills and a profound knowledge of Slovak literature, history and culture that will prepare you for a wide variety of careers in Europe.
Year 1: Language; culture and text. Year 2: Language; core course. Year 3: Abroad, usually studying at university in relevant country. Year 4: Dissertation. 2 options are taken each year from: Introduction to Czech literature; introduction to Slovak literature; Czech literature and society; Slovak literature and society; Czech literature to 1774; Czech decadence and symbolism; Czech and Slovak literature since the national revival; Slovak fiction since 1963.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 77%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 72%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 87%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 93%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 82%
Total Coursework: 12%
Total Practical: 6%