This programme looks at the biological, cultural, social and material culture aspects of human beings as well as their evolution. It will help you gain a broad set of skills, including critical reasoning; the ability to search, sift and analyse various materials; collaborative group work; and oral and written communication.
Year 1 examples: Introduction to material and visual culture; introductory social anthropology; researching the social world; methods and techniques in biological anthropology; introduction to biological anthropology. Year 2 examples: Introduction to west African ethnography; political and economic anthropology anthropology of religion. Year 3: Individual studies in anthropology.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£21,320 Academic year. First year overseas fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAB-AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level AAB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 80%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- International Baccalaureate
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 79%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 93%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 93%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 51%
Total Coursework: 48%
Total Practical: 2%