The Biotechnology BSc provides a sound base of chemistry, genetics, biochemistry and molecular biotechnology alongside experience of the experimental skills essential for future research, equipping you for a career in this exciting discipline, which has grown out of some of the most dramatic scientific discoveries of the last 30 years.
Year 1 examples: Introduction to biochemical engineering; cellular and molecular biology; introduction to microbiology; chemistry for biologists. Year 2 examples: Molecular biology; biomolecular structure and function; downstream processing; cell biology. Year 3 examples: Research project in biotechnology or literature review; bioprocess design study; biochemical reactor engineering.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAAAB
- GCE A-level AAAe
- European Baccalaureate 80%-85%
- International Baccalaureate 38
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 66%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 86%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 86%
|Studying and working||1|
Total Written: 53%
Total Coursework: 38%
Total Practical: 9%