The Finnish language is a member of the Uralic language family, which also includes Estonian and Hungarian. This programme offers the opportunity to gain excellent language skills and a profound knowledge of Finnish culture, history, society and literature that will prepare you for a wide variety of careers in Europe.
Year 1 examples: Finnish language level 1; histories and cultures of the Nordic region. Year 2 examples: Finnish language level 2a (comprehension); Finnish language level 2b (production); Finland (environment, society, and culture). Year 3 examples: Year abroad. Year 4 examples: Finnish language level 3a (comprehension); Finnish language level 3b (production); reading Finnish society and culture.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 77%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 56%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 94%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 97%
|Studying and working||10|
Total Written: 59%
Total Coursework: 36%
Total Practical: 5%