This BSc provides an education in all major branches of the geological sciences, integrating theoretical studies with essential practical skills in the field and laboratory. It provides a platform for careers in the oil, mineral, environmental and geotechnical industries, and is fully accredited by the Geological Society of London.
Year 1 examples: The earth; earth materials; from petrology to petrogenesis; history of life. Year 2 examples: Chemistry of earth environments; vertebrate palaeontology and evolution; surface processes and structures; global geophysics. Year 3 examples: Geological and environmental mapping; basin evolution, stratigraphy and economic aspects.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level ABBe-AAAe
- European Baccalaureate 77%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- International Baccalaureate
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 66%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 83%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 96%
|Studying and working||1|
Total Written: 36%
Total Coursework: 56%
Total Practical: 8%