Biochemistry is the study of the molecular basis of life. Study a degree in London where you will learn all aspects of modern biochemistry including: biological chemistry, metabolism, cell biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, structural biology and immunology. During the programme, you will also train in laboratory techniques, experimental design, data analysis and presentation. Note that King's also offers a four year MSci degree in Biochemistry ' course coded C701.
Year 1 examples: Biochemistry and molecular biology A; biochemistry and molecular biology B; practice of biomedical science; from cells to systems; fundamentals of pharmacology; physiological systems. Year 2 examples: Gene cloning and expression; metabolism; protein structure and function; cell biology; molecular medicine. Year 3: Cellular basis of drug dependence; cellular basis of disease; cell and molecular pharmacology; cardiovascular pharmacology; cell physiology; developmental neurobiology; endocrinology of diabetes.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- GCE A-level AAB
- SQA Higher AAABB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBBB
- International Baccalaureate 35
- European Baccalaureate 80%
- BTEC National Diploma
- SQA Advanced Higher AB
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 83%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 92%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 83%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 71%
Total Coursework: 21%
Total Practical: 8%