Bulgaria has a rich cultural heritage and a strongly developing economy where specialists in Bulgarian are needed. This programme provides the opportunity to gain excellent language skills and a profound knowledge of Bulgaria's literature, history and culture, combined with an in'depth understanding of the region of Central and Eastern Europe.
Year 1 examples: Cinema in eastern Europe; culture in eastern Europe (anthropological approaches); language and society; linguistics and verbal art (forms of content). Year 2 examples: Bulgarian language level 2a (comprehension); Bulgarian language level 2b (production); Bulgarian literature 1; Bulgarian cultural history 1. Year 3 examples: Year abroad. Year 4 examples: Language and society; Bulgarian literature 2; Bulgarian cultural history 2; cinema in eastern Europe.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 77%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 72%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 87%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 93%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 85%
Total Coursework: 14%
Total Practical: 1%