Environmental Geoscience is concerned with the interaction between the Earth sciences and human activity, and this BSc provides a sound topical background in the environmental aspects of the Earth sciences. The programme is fully accredited by the Geological Society of London.
Year 1 examples: The earth; environmental systems and processes; earth materials; from petrology to petrogenesis. Year 2 examples: Petrography; maps, images and structures; structural geology and tectonics; atmosphere, weather and climate. Year 3 examples: Geological and environmental mapping; experimental methods in water'rock interaction.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 77%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- International Baccalaureate
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 66%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 83%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 96%
|Studying and working||1|
Total Written: 39%
Total Coursework: 56%
Total Practical: 5%