This three'year programme offers a complete education in chemistry, covering all the important areas of chemistry while also allowing you to take optional courses in other areas such as astronomy, biology, computing or physics.
Year 1 examples: Introduction to chemical principles; basic inorganic chemistry; basic organic chemistry; basic physical chemistry. Year 2 examples: Principles of inorganic chemistry; principles of organic chemistry; principles of physical chemistry. Year 3 examples: Advanced practical chemistry; advanced topics in inorganic chemistry; principles and methods of organic synthesis; advanced topics in physical chemistry.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£21,320 Academic year. First year overseas fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAB-AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB-AAAAA
- GCE A-level AAB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 77%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- International Baccalaureate
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 75%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 74%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 92%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 66%
Total Coursework: 22%
Total Practical: 12%