Since its foundation as a discipline, biochemistry has illuminated many of the problems that have fascinated and perplexed biologists for generations. As biochemistry and molecular biology have become an essential part of much of modern science, a Biochemistry BSc is a valuable beginning to many different careers.
Year 1: Principles and practice of experimental biochemistry; chemistry for biologists; introduction to microbiology; introduction to genetics. Year 2: Molecular biology; biomolecular structure and function; metabolism and its regulation; the principles of cellular control. Year 3: Either a research project or a literature review.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAA
- GCE A-level AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAAAB
- European Baccalaureate 80%-85%
- International Baccalaureate 38
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 72%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 94%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 97%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 55%
Total Coursework: 34%
Total Practical: 11%