Gain a comprehensive introduction to intelligent systems and the underlying concepts of computer science. This programme, offered by the Department of Informatics in the School of Natural & Mathematical Sciences, provides an effective and well'balanced introduction to computer science, plus fundamental concepts and more specialised knowledge in artificial intelligence and cognitive systems.
Year 1 examples: Foundations of computing I; elementary logic with applications; programming applications; data structures; practical experiences of programming; intro to artificial intelligence. Year 2 examples: Object'oriented specification and design; robotics group project; programming language design paradigms; operating systems and concurrency; foundations of computing II. Year 3 examples: Computer graphics systems; logical modelling; optimisation methods; geometric algorithms; parallel algorithms; computer architecture; text searching and processing.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- GCE A-level AAB
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- SQA Higher AAABB
- International Baccalaureate 35
- SQA Advanced Higher AB
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 79%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 96%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 89%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 70%
Total Coursework: 21%
Total Practical: 9%