The rationale for this joint honours degree programme based in the central London is that key elements of the War Studies curriculum can be augmented and reinforced by studying philosophy as war touches every aspect of human existence.
Year 1 examples of modules: Contemporary security issues; the art of war studies; Greek philosophy; ethics. Year 2 examples of modules: Aspects of naval history; world war II in Europe; Greek philosophy II (Plato); Greek philosophy II (Aristotle). Year 3 examples of modules: Fighting in the air; warfare in the ancient world; war and international relations; 19th century German philosophy; dissertation; foundations of analytic philosophy.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BA (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- GCE A-level AAA
- SQA Higher AAAAB
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- International Baccalaureate 35
- SQA Advanced Higher AA
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 78%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 84%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 76%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 62%
Total Coursework: 38%