Through development of new technologies and applications, computer science radically and continually changes the way we experience our world. This degree combines a major field in Computing with a minor field in Business. The Business field gives you a range of professional skills plus the ability to use them in a business context and to solve business problems.
Year 1: Fundamental programming concepts; html and internet tools; mathematics and statistics; object'oriented programming with java; introductory data analysis; business environment; people and the world of work. Year 2: Databases; operating systems and networking; software development with java; web technologies; accounting in a business context; marketing management; human resources management Year 3: Optional professional placement year. Year 4: Systems analysis and design; project module; 2 computing option modules; corporate strategy.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Tariff 112
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Certificate (12 units)
- BTEC National Diploma MMM
- International Baccalaureate 25
- GCE A-level
- SQA Higher
- SQA Advanced Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
- BTEC National Award
- Tariff (Scottish qualifications) 112
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 64%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 84%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 85%
|Studying and working||2|
Total Written: 36%
Total Coursework: 64%