This flexible programme allows you to select from the range of options offered across environmental geoscience, geology and geophysics. You may also graduate with a degree in Earth Sciences (Palaeobiology), or in Earth Sciences (Planetary Science), dependent on your chosen courses.
Year 1 examples: Surface processes; the earth. Year 2 examples: Atmosphere, weather and climate; petrology; petrography; structural geology and tectonics. Year 3 examples: Experimental methods in water'rock interaction; physics of oceans, ice sheets and climate; basin evolution, stratigraphy, and economic aspects.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£21,320 Academic year. First year overseas fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 77%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- International Baccalaureate
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 66%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 83%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 96%
|Studying and working||1|
Total Written: 43%
Total Coursework: 52%
Total Practical: 5%