Mathematics and physics are closely interlinked subjects, with each providing many fascinating insights into the other. Students on this programme receive a thorough mathematical training and may also take courses in physics and astronomy elsewhere in UCL and the University of London. This MSci offers an additional year of study on top of the Mathematics with Mathematical Physics BSc, during which students have the opportunity to specialise further by taking more advanced courses, and undertaking a major project.
In the 1st 1 and 1/2 years, the degree programme is the same as those for the single'subject degrees in mathematics; quantum mechanics can be taken in place of algebra 3. In the 2nd half of the 2nd year and 3rd and 4th years, programme follows the applied mathematics options, supplemented by physics courses given in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher A1A1A-A1AA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAAAAA
- GCE A-level A*AA-A*A*A
- European Baccalaureate 90%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 87%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 85%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 90%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 82%
Total Coursework: 14%
Total Practical: 4%