Gain a sound understanding of the biological action of drugs and chemicals, the way they work at the molecular, cellular and systems level and their use in medicines to treat disease. Ideal for careers in the pharmaceutical industry, biomedical research or graduate entry into medicine. Conversion onto BSc Pharmacology with Extramural Year or MSci Integrative Physiology & Pharmacology for Research programmes is possible.
Year 1 core modules: Biochemistry and molecular biology A; biochemistry and molecular biology B; from cells to systems; fundamentals of pharmacology; practice of biomedical science; physiological systems. Year 2 core modules: Drugs and disease; drug discovery and development; physiology and pharmacology of the central nervous system. Year 3 core modules: Cell and molecular pharmacology or cellular basis of drug dependence.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- GCE A-level AAB
- SQA Higher AAABB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBBB
- International Baccalaureate 35
- European Baccalaureate 80%
- BTEC National Diploma
- SQA Advanced Higher AB
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 100%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 97%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 91%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 67%
Total Coursework: 21%
Total Practical: 12%