This BSc, unique in the UK, investigates the history and philosophy of science around the globe, from Antiquity to the present. We explore the ways science has been used to understand and make sense of the world. The goal is to investigate science's many methods, fundamental concepts, logic and ethics, as well as its role in the modern world.
Year 1 examples: Research methods in science and technology studies; introduction to science communication; science in the spotlight; history of modern science. Year 2 examples: All second year courses are optional. Year 3 examples: Dissertation.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 77%-80%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- International Baccalaureate
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 77%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 95%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 92%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 29%
Total Coursework: 66%
Total Practical: 5%