This programme provides a training in archaeology focusing on the analysis of ancient materials and past environments, essential theoretical concepts and field techniques. Archaeological science addresses important questions about past societies, and there are opportunities to participate in current research using our extensive laboratories and wide'ranging reference collections.
Year 1 examples: Past societies; introduction to archaeological field methods and techniques; interdisciplinary approaches to archaeological problems. Year 2 examples: Texts in archaeology; ancient Egyptian writing and inscriptions; Greek art and architecture; zooarchaeology; geoarchaeology. Year 3 examples: Texts in archaeology; ancient Egyptian writing and inscriptions; Greek art and architecture; zooarchaeology; geoarchaeology.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£21,320 Academic year. First year overseas fees|
|BSc (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB
- GCE A-level ABBe-AABe
- European Baccalaureate 77%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 97%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 100%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 100%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 19%
Total Coursework: 81%