Embrace the study of all aspects of the cultures of Greece and Rome and their influence on later ages. Learn a range of literary, historical, archaeological and philosophical skills. You are also encouraged to take at least one language module.
Year 1 examples: Greek ethics; introduction to ancient poetry; persuasion and rhetoric in Greece and Rome; ancient monarchy from Persia to Rome; democracy and oligarchy in the classical world; living and dying in the ancient world. Year 2 examples: Roman religions (continuity and change); medicine and society in the ancient and early medieval world; periclean Athens; Pompeii; ptolemaic Egypt; Roman Britain; Roman history to 31 BC; the fall of the Roman republic. Year 3 examples: Dissertation; optional modules.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees|
|BA (Hons)||£9,000 Academic year. First year home fees|
- GCE A-level AAB
- SQA Higher AAAAB
- European Baccalaureate 85%
- International Baccalaureate 35
- SQA Advanced Higher AB
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 90%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 96%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 90%
|Studying and working||10|
Total Written: 60%
Total Coursework: 40%