An opportunity to explore and to integrate the biological and behavioural sciences, with the aim to appreciate how they contribute to our understanding of the evolution, structure, function, development and behaviour of our species.
Year 1 examples: Biochemistry and molecular biology A; biochemistry and molecular biology B; practice of biomedical science; from cells to systems; fundamentals of pharmacology; physiological systems. Year 2 examples: Drug discovery and development; endocrinology and reproduction; gene cloning and expression; human nutrition; immune system in health and disease; medical microbiology. Year 3 examples: Human sciences project or a laboratory project; advanced human anatomy; behavioural science; biology of cancer; cellular basis of disease; developmental neurobiology.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- GCE A-level AAB
- SQA Higher AAABB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBBB
- International Baccalaureate 35
- European Baccalaureate 80%
- BTEC National Diploma
- SQA Advanced Higher AB
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 83%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 83%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 79%
|Studying and working||2|
Total Written: 74%
Total Coursework: 17%
Total Practical: 9%