The physics degree programme includes modules in areas such as relativity, quantum mechanics, fields and waves, electromagnetism and nuclear physics. Study takes place in the heart of London on the Strand campus. Extensive project work is carried out in the third year.
Year 1 examples of modules: Laboratory physics; fields, waves and matter; thermal physics; maths and mechanics; general physics; probability and symmetry. Year 2 examples of modules: Modern physics; electromagnetism; maths; experimental lab; computational lab. Year 3 examples of modules: Projects; spectroscopy and quantum mechanics; statistical mechanics; optics; solid state physics.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Higher
- GCE A-level A*AB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 80%
- International Baccalaureate 35
- SQA Advanced Higher AA
- Course specific
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 66%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 97%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 95%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 78%
Total Coursework: 18%
Total Practical: 4%