If you are inspired by language learning, and enjoy exploring the similarities and differences between languages, this degree programme offers you the opportunity to study Russian and an East European language in a major/minor combination. Choose from Bulgarian, Czech/Slovak, Finnish, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian/Croatian or Ukrainian.
Year one: compulsory courses: Russian short prose. Optional courses: representations of Russia; Russian cinema: history, politics, society; the making of modern Russian culture. Year two: compulsory courses: Russian literature in the nineteenth century; Russian poetry. Year three: year abroad. Final year: compulsory courses; use of Russian (year 4); plus either: comprehension of Russian (year 4) or essay in Russian (year 4).
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAB-ABB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 77%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 72%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 87%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 93%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 59%
Total Coursework: 34%
Total Practical: 6%