This degree provides a unique focus on works of art as physical objects. You will gain comprehensive skills in art history, together with a thorough understanding of artists' techniques and questions of materiality, both at the time a work of art was made, and subsequently as it ages and deteriorates.
Year 1 examples: History of art and its objects; methods and materials of artists. Year 2 examples: Selected themes in renaissance and baroque art and architecture 1. Year 3 examples: History of art and material studies project paper.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAA-ABB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAAAB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 77%-80%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- International Baccalaureate
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 84%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 83%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 90%
|Studying and working||6|
Total Written: 36%
Total Coursework: 59%
Total Practical: 5%