The Egyptian Archaeology BA at UCL is the only UK degree to combine the theory and practice of archaeology with the study of Egyptian sites. This specialist degree will prepare you for a wide range of careers both within Egyptian archaeology and heritage studies, and beyond.
Year 1: Introductory core courses in archaeological method and theory; general introduction to study of ancient Near East; introductions to: Egyptian archaeology; either Egyptian writing and inscriptions, or Middle Egyptian language. Years 2 and 3: Core courses on history and archaeology of ancient Egypt; choice of options in: history of Egyptian archaeology; Egyptian epigraphy; museum studies; language; aspects of Egyptian history and culture; options in other fields of archaeology, history and ancient languages are possible.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 77%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 97%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 100%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 100%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 26%
Total Coursework: 74%