Universities in London offer thousands of scholarships for international students, which can help pay your tuition fees and also support you throughout your studies.
London University Scholarship Advice
Finding a university scholarship in London requires a lot of research and patience but the rewards are great. Each university offers different scholarships, so it is important to research your options carefully.
The majority of scholarships at London universities are for postgraduate studies (Master's and PhD) but some also offer funding support for undergraduate studies (Bachelor).
There are also external scholarship options which you can consider. Some governments and local organisations sponsor students from their countries or provide student loan options to study overseas.
Here are some things to consider when you begin your search:
- Check if the scholarship will pay for your living costs or if it offers you a reduced tuition fee (or both).
- Not all scholarships are awarded based on financial need – most will evaluate your academic abilities.
- Many scholarships are course specific and you will not be able to apply until you have been accepted for your chosen course.
- You can only apply for most scholarships either when you are applying for the course or after you have applied.
- Many universities set the deadline for scholarship applications early in the year so start your research early.
- Check which countries the scholarship covers – some will be country specific as well as course specific.
To begin your search, find out which universities offer the course you want to study by using the course search. You can also use the British Council Education UK website to find out more about scholarships in the UK.